Views

Bagmandle-Veshvi Ferry Boat Experiance ( KONKAN )

I recently visited Konkan with my Uncle and Aunt for some personal work so I don't have much to share with you, but one very interesting thing happened with me which I would definitely like to share.
We were at Shrivardhan and had to travel to Dapoli. It was my first time on this route. We were planning to get back to Mangaon and then head towards Dapoli Via Mumbai-Goa Highway which was around 130km. But our friends suggested us to take the Ferry boat at Veshvi and cut the distance and time into half. 75 km approx. I got very excited. I had never been into a ferry with my car before. I always had seen it in movies but never got a chance to experience it. 

We headed towards Bagmandla which was around 30km from Shrivardhan. We had to board a ferry boat from there which would help us cross the river Savitri and drop us on the other side called Veshvi.


We reached there around 5:30pm. Cars and bikes were in a queue to enter the ferry. It was crowded. I thought we would not be able to board the ferry as it looked full. Luckily only one slot was left for car and it was my turn to get inside. Ticket for a car is Rs.150 which includes the driver and ticket for each passenger was Rs.13. Then our journey started. I came out of the car, took some photos and enjoyed the pleasant climate of Konkan. We reached Veshvi (another side of the river ) within 20 min. It was a kind of joy ride for us. We reached Dapoli around 8:00pm. almost 2 hrs before.



About Veshvi-Bagmandle Ferry Boat Service  https://goo.gl/maps/pxb4pztwruJbM1po9
This ferry service was started by Suvarnadurga Shipping & Marine Services Pvt. Ltd. in 2007. Till then, the journey from Raigad to Ratnagiri via Mandangad was very time consumin9g and hectic.




In my hectic schedule, I still managed to click some pictures from Konkan tour. Hope you like it.



Murud Beach ( Dapoli )

Murud Beach ( Dapoli )

Murud Beach ( Dapoli )

Murud Beach ( Dapoli )

Murud Beach ( Dapoli )

Murud Beach ( Dapoli )

Mango's at our friends place in Dapoli

Man Goes Behind Mango
I hope this blog was informative enough. If  you still have any doughts you can contact me on my Instagram @ https://www.instagram.com/guru_gandhi/

Comments

  1. With an assortment of accommodation alternatives, hotels and 5 star restaurants in lonavala in Lonavala offer high class services with warm hospitality. The tourists can pick the rooms and suites in the resort as for each their need and can enjoy the comfortable stay there due to the friendly atmosphere.
    5 star restaurants in lonavala

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

BUYING FROM HERE HELPS THIS CHANNEL