Views

Pune Off-road Expedition 2018

On 19th August 2018 I successfully completed my first off road event which was held in Pune. It was a very tough challenge for me as I have a bike good for track. My bike fell down 5 times that day and some minor injuries to me. 

My Self :- Guruprasad Gandhi " Facebook " " Instagram "

My Bike :- Yamaha R15 V 2.0 ( Fitted with Michelin Pilot Street Radial Tires )


Preparation for the Ride


My bike being a track machine, I asked the organizers if i was allowed ? On which I got a positive reply from them and was asked to remove mudguard. They also told to carry some mandatory things which include. 
1. Helmet
2. Riding Jacket.
3. Shoes.

My bike being a full fared machine decided to completely remove my Engine Fairing and mudguard. I then also removed The Night Eye Led Bulbs which i installed a couple of days back. The Bulbs worked absolutely fine but the problem was with a small exposed gap which might lead water to go inside the headlight assembly. I switched back to regular bulbs and fixed rubber casing over it, so the water does not enter inside.


Event Details 


Event :- Pune off-road Expedition 
Organizer :- 8moto
Venue :- Panseth ( 50Km from Pune , 120Km form my Place )
Entry fee :- Rs. 600/-
Event type :- Pleasure Ride
Ride Distance :- 42Km.
Event Timing :- 9:00am - 5:00pm

Things I Carried 


1. Helmet
2. Riding Jacket
3. Raincoat 
4. Action Camera
5. Backpack 

Ride Day


As the event was 120Km from my place I had to leave early. I got up at 5:00am and By the time I left for the event it was 6:30am. I was going on that route for the first time. Due to rains in could not remove my mobile phone to check for the directions so had to ask people for the directions. 
I reached the venue by 9:00am. Many bikers had already reached. I did the registration, for which i had to pay Rs.600/-. They gave me some stickers and coupon for breakfast.
There were lots of Hero Impulse, KTM Dukes, RE Himalayan and other offroader including street bikes. My was the only R15 at the event. 



By the time we left it was 10:30. Ride began with a some easy off roading followed by increase in difficulties. At the beginning i took it slowly and steadily and as the rain started there was a lot shush, resulting in slipping, and stucking of bikes. I saw so many bikes being slipped. stuck in slush. wheels spinning, falling down. But the best thing I saw was brotherhood, everyone helped each other.
At times the slush was more than 1ft deep. I could not even take a look at the scenic beauty around. Every time i tried to do that I almost slipped. and tried to save myself from falling.





This location is the halfway mark from here we all had to return. Almost 5 km before reaching this location i was dead tired. I dint know that we even had to go back from here. I thought of returning from from that point only but then decided, not to leave in half way mark and complete the ride. It took me 3hr 30min to travel 22km. While doing this i crossed lots of water crossings and lots and lots of slush. I slipped and fell on right side. Luckily nothing much happened to me. the only thing happened was, my front brake leaver got bent and some minor scratches on the bike. I tried to pick it up but ultimately fell over it again, and this happened twice. Shush was so much that i slipped while picking and fell over the Bike. Then a guy came and helped me pick the bike. I then somehow traveled and reached the mark. I was very happy to reach Halfway mark. there were so many bikers already. I halted there for 30 Min and then decided to leave.





While returning the Rain God decided to test our skills. There was a lot of rain resulting in increasing in toughness of the event. and then again i had a fall.


This time on my left side. There was no problem with the bike but i got some beating on my left knee. I somehow tried to pick it up but again fell over it due to shush. Then again a guy came and helped me pick the bike. There was a lot of pain in my Thighs, elbow and left shoulder. I stopped every 3km and took some rest. Somehow i completd the run successfully and reached the location by 5:30. This time i reached in 3hrs. I and my Bike both were very dirty. I collected my certificate and decided to leave back for home.


While returning my bike faced overheating problem. I stopped for some time and cleaned the mud over radiator and engine and then tried to start it. it seemed to work properly. Again after 20km It again showed the sign of overheating. I again had to halt for some time and let it cool.I reached my home by 8:30pm. I was completely Exhausted, had my dinner and slept.


Next day I cleaned my bike. A lot of dust came out. Re-leveled the leaver and now it is working absolutely fine.

So this is all from my side. If you have any query you can contact me on address bellow.


  


Comments

BUYING FROM HERE HELPS THIS CHANNEL