Views

Malshej Ghat Ride 2020

Place 

Malshej Ghat 

Attraction 

Valley View

Location 

Maharashtra 421401

About Malshej Ghat

Malshej Ghat is a mountain pass in the Western Ghats range in the Kalyan–Ahmednagar Road of MaharashtraIndia. Malshej ghat, with average height of 700 m is situated in Thane district near the borders of Thane and Ahmednagar districts. It is at a distance of 130 km north of Pune and 154 km from Mumbai towards
northeast. The nearest railhead is 
Kalyan in Thane District or Karjat near Mumbai.

My Ride

With this Chinese virus everywhere, and series of lock down followed by series of unlock, i wanted a change of mind. Visiting Malshej was always on the list but dint get a chance to do that.

As i have not been riding for more than two years now, I was bit scared to do that ride. Malshej is around 160km from where I stay. So it was going to be a 300+km ride. I dint knew weather i would be able to do that ride. At point I thought that the biker inside me is DEAD. So i decided to give it a try and take the risk.

I left from home in the morning around 5:15am. I did not wanted to hurry nor take any chance, so was riding at a very gentle pace. I had never been to that place before so took the help of Google Maps. The first halt i took was around 75km from my place. I was comfortable enough to ride further, and did the same. 

Google maps diverted me to some inner roads. I was not happy with that but the views which i got was just amazing. I was surrounded by green fields on both sides. and some good village roads.




Then the Ghat started. As it is a very narrow road it is better being slow through the curves. I reached the View point around 9:00am. The view is just breath taking. I had been to many ghats before but the view from Malshej ghat is on another level. 
As i had visited just after the rainy season, all i could see was greenery every where. Fog came for some time and then suddenly within no time it was bright sunny. Weather was amazing. For some time i had totally forgotten about the stupid chinese virus. There is no network at the top, so you are completely cut from the the daily hassle. I realexed for some time, explored the ghat, took some photos and started my return journey. All the Pictures i clicked are following










I hope you liked the photos. I returned home around 2:00pm. It was really a great ride. The happiness that i had in me was over the top. Happiness was not only because of a lovely ride, it was because the Biker in me was not dead.

Accommodation
Since the area is at a considerable distance from a small town, there are not many posh restaurants and shopping malls. Flamingo Hill is a resort run by MTDC – Maharashtra Tourism Development Corporation in the vicinity. , there are other private resorts where you can spend a day or two.

Time to visit
The monsoon months of August and September are a good time to visit Malshej Ghat, with green hills and exotic flamingos visit this area during monsoon months

Thank You

If you have any query regarding this place feel free to contact
E mail :- grgandhi.10@gmail.com

Comments

BUYING FROM HERE HELPS THIS CHANNEL