Views

Pre Ride Preparations - Dream Ride LADAKH

LADAKH - A dream ride for many. I was fortunate enough to complete my dream ride in the month of July 2021.

Lonavala - Leh - Lonavala 

Date - 11.07.2021 to 25.07.2021

Total - 5744.5 KM

Pre Ride Preparation

Preparation for the ride had started back in 2020 but due to the Chinese Virus ( COVID 19 ) leading to a series of lockdowns, I was not able to do my ride. I knew it was not going to be an easy ride as I had lost my riding touch. I had not gone for any ride in the last two years and lockdown had increased the gap even more.

Preparing myself 
I was doing regular fitness training with Yoga and Surya Namaskar to increase concentration and willpower. 

Preparing my ride
I have a 2014 Yamaha R15 V 2.0. My bike was in good working condition and no major maintenance was needed. But I decided to do a full check and service.
Things that were done to the bike
1. Engine Oil and Oil filter Change
2. Brake Pads Change
3. Brake Fluid and Coolant Change
4. Fuel Injector Cleaning
5. Air Filter Change
6. Spark Plug and Cap Change
The tires, chain, and sprocket were not changed as they were in good shape. A Health card was printed for checking of all sensors. The Clutch cable and Accelerator cable was changed earlier
Some part of servicing was done Monarch Yamaha ( Pune ), rest work was done by me at home.
I prefer working on my bike myself, it helps me in understanding the machine, and in case of any breakdown, I can work without any trouble.

Things that I carried
I was planning a 15-day ride and my bike had very less luggage caring capacity so I had to plan and pack things accordingly.
Bike Documents, Aadhar card, Insurance, Driving License, etc ( all documents in xerox also )

Clothes - 2 Dryfit riding T-shirts. 4 Jeans, 6 T-shirts, 4 Shirts, innerwear, and sleepwear. Shoes, Socks,
raincoat, Jacket.
Spare Parts and Tools - Clutch and accelerator cable, Tyre inflator and Puncture repair kit, Stanley 46 pieces tool kit, Chain spray. Bungee cord, camera, and accessories. 
Medicines - Basic first aid kit, Diamox, Pain relief spray, cotton wrapped clove, ORS, Sanitizer, etc.
Riding Gear - Helmet, Jacket, Gloves, Riding Boots, 
I carried all the luggage in a big backpack and a magnetic tank bag. The backpack was tied on the rear seat using bungee cords. All essential and quick access things were kept in the tank bag.




The most important and toughest thing due to which most of the rides are canceled is permission from parents. But it was not a problem this time. For the permission, I had to convince them for almost 2 years. Once permission was granted 50% of the work was done.

Route Mapping was done and hotels were booked for some places. 

I hope you liked the blog and found it Informational. If you have any doubts feel free to comment in the section below or you can connect directly with me on my Instagram by clicking the link bellow

                                    CLICK LINK BELOW 
                         VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV                                       

THANK YOU

Comments

BUYING FROM HERE HELPS THIS CHANNEL