Views

Day - 1 The Beginning "Lonavala to Udaipur" - Dream Ride LADAKH

LADAKH - A dream ride for many. I was fortunate enough to complete my dream ride in the month of July 2021.

Day - 1

From - Lonavala (Maharashtra) to Ratanpur (Rajasthan)

Road :- Lonavala - Panvel - Ghodbunder Road- Surat - Vadodara- Godhra- Modasa -Shamlaji- Ratanpur

Date - 11.07.2021

Total - 736 KM 


The Beginning 

A lot of planning was already done, the road map was set, pitstops were marked, and it was time for execution. Planning things on paper is very easy but executing it is totally different.  I was riding with my friend Ashish who has a Yamaha FZ. He came to my home from Pune at 5:00am and then we started our journey. It was drizzling at the time we left from Lonavala. We took our first halt near Panvel for 10 min and then continued our ride.

 Then took our first proper stop at Shree Datt Snacks for breakfast. We reached there around 8:00 am. We had already covered 150km by that time. The roads were excellent, just some regular traffic at Ghodbandar road. Climate was pleasant up to Valsad But after that temperature started to rise and it was making the conditions tough to ride. 






We took 2-3 stops before reaching Vadodara where my relatives had come to see me and wish me luck. Keeping yourself hydrated and eating less food is what I suggest during long rides. We reached Vadodara at 2:30 pm. My cousins had come to see me on the highway. We had our lunch there with them and then left Udaipur around 3.00 pm.

 We took the exit from NH-8 and headed towards Godhra-Halol road, which would lead us to Shamlaji and then Rajasthan Border at Ratanpur. This road is also in very good condition. I usually take this road for going towards Udaipur. You can also go from Ahmedabad but the ring road is usually crowded and has a lot of police checking on the way.

Some locals misguided us on the four-way junction and we were headed towards Ahmedabad. We realized that and asked google aunty for help. Then we took some internal roads and were again back on our Highway. Unfortunately, we wasted around 1hr 30 min in that road confusion. We were again riding at full speed and suddenly heavy rain started and again we had to stop. We halted for around 30 min and as the force reduced we were back on the road again. We were delayed by around 3 hrs on our schedule and were thinking to change the plan of Udaipur and take a night halt at Modasa

By the time we reached Modasa, it was 6:00 pm, We were thinking of taking a night halt there, but there was good daylight so we decided to continue and go ahead up to Shamlaji. We reached there around 7:00pm and looked around for hotels, but we were not able to find any hotels as per our requirements.

We then decided to head towards Udaipur and find a hotel on the way. It was just a 15 min ride from Shamlaji and we reached the Rajasthan border at Ratanpur. We found a nice hotel which was less than 100mts from the state border. We reached the hotel at 8:00pm, checked in, had our dinner, and then took proper rest. 

We both were in contact with our parents throughout the ride. We had shared our live Location on Whatsapp with them and often called them when we took a proper halt. The ride of the day was very exciting and it boosted my confidence. I was not confident in my riding abilities as I had not gone for any rides in the near past. This day had Unlocked the rider in me and I was filled with the confidence of completing my ride. 

I hope you liked the blog and found it Informational. If you have any doubts feel free to comment in the section below or you can connect directly with me on my Instagram by clicking the link bellow

                                    CLICK LINK BELOW 
                         VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV    

Comments

BUYING FROM HERE HELPS THIS CHANNEL